Monday, April 19, 2010

The reason I haven't posted lately

Well when my blog wasn't an instant success with money rolling in requiring Rob to quit his job to help me blog I decided it wasn't worth it :) Do any of you suffer from the same delusions as I do when you start something? I have many areas in my life that turn into problems because they didn't instantly have my desired effect. Such as, but not limited to....

Problem 1
Cooking-I get a new recipe and all the ingredients and I am positive (like Bridget in Bridget Jones Diary) that I will be a world famous chef and everyone dying to try out my new masterpieces only to have it turn out to be a complete flop, kids crying because they hate it, Rob won't eat it because butter was used and he is sure it will make him fat, and me eating it all to prove it wasn't all a waste of time and money. Answer ....save the time and money and go for the Wendy's dollar menu.

Problem 2
Exercise- When my 30 min workout doesn't immediately make me drop 20lbs to reveal a smoking hot body that drives complete strangers to whistle out their windows as they drive by then it is not worth it. Answer.....brownies and ice cream.

Problem 3
Hobbies- If they don't suddenly turn into a money making fortune then they were not worth the 20 minutes I just put into them. Answer....bag hobbies and just spend the day feeling like I have no real identity other then being a mom.

Well with that being said I will try to be better at posting and realize the purpose of this blog was to share a few pics of the kids with Grandma and Grandpa while they are on their mission :)

7 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I know exactly how you feel about making something new and exciting only to have it given a dirty look and the funny thing is that I know it's not my recipe but it still hurts doesn't it ??
    Keep blogging! I enjoy reading it :)
    If you ever want to pop by mine it's
    www.deankids.blogspot.com
    -camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. I post on my blog every day and yet my husband and I have had to keep our day jobs because it's tough to find sponsors to support the time and energy I devote to telling the world, on my blog, about the cuteness of my kids. I hope you do keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bag them and NOT exercise and eat brownies and ice-cream...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really good at the brownies and ice cream part. I think we all have those delusions and give up. The ones who don't are the weird ones, not us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz! Josh and I just read this and laughed our heads off! Couldn't be more true! Thanks for the comic relief! 5 minutes before we read this I bagged the pizza roll recipe I just pulled up and we are on our way to JCW's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I hope you keep this up while we are gone. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know people started blogs with the intent to make money; though I know it does happen. I figure a hobby is simply a creative outlet and should be done in such a way that you enjoy it. Anyway, I hope you and Rob are doing well.

    ReplyDelete